When looking for an ideal riflescope for your rifle, there are several factors that you need to consider to determine the best riflescope that will suit your need. The first thing that you need to do is to identify the purpose of the scope and the type of rifle you intend to mount on. There are so many types of riflescopes in the market that vary in price and have different features. Some scopes are specifically designed for small caliber, low recoil firearms and target shooting at shorter ranges which is ideal for hunting small game while others are designed for large caliber hunting or tactical rifles and are more suited to hunting big game at extended ranges. With this in mind, you can now embark on your search for an ideal riflescope to suit your needs.
The Simmons 44 Mag riflescope is a one-piece tube construction scope with waterproof, fogproof, and recoil-proof construction to ensure durability. This riflescope from Simmons consists of multi-coated optics with huge 44-millimeter objective lenses so as to provide bright and wide field of view. This riflescope is designed for lightning fast target acquisition. Other features in this scope include; trademark QTA (Quick Target Acquisition) eyepieces, 3.75-inch eye relief, TrueZero windage and elevation adjustment system offering 1/4 and 1/8 MOA fingertip adjustments and 4 to 12x adjustable magnification.
- One-piece, one-inch tube construction for reduced weight, better handling, and durability
- Multi-coated, high-quality optics for clearer, brighter image
- QTA (Quick Target Acquisition) eyepiece with Fast Focus
- Comfortable 3.75-inch eye relief
- TrueZero windage and elevation adjustment system for a locked-in zero
- Precise 1/4 and 1/8 MOA fingertip windage and elevation adjustments
- Side parallax adjustment
- Waterproof, fogproof, and recoil-proof construction
The scope’s body is made of quality aluminum to ensure durability of the scope. The Simmons 44 Mag 4-12x44mm Riflescope body is made using nitrogen purging technology to ensure it is waterproof and fog-proof. It also employs a recoil-proof design to make it easier for the user to hold their zero adjustment throughout the hunt.
The Simmons 44 Mag 4-12x44mm Riflescope multi-coated optics provides bright images and 4-12x zoom for mid-to-long range or precision target acquisitions. To allow more light than most riflescope, the objective offers 44mm aperture so as to allow more light and improves visibility and image brightness in low light conditions.
QTA (Quick Target Acquisition) eyepiece
The QTA (Quick Target Acquisition) eyepiece has a fast focus eye relief of 3.75-inch for users comfort. It also allows more horizontal, vertical, forward and backward movement behind the scope, while maintaining precision.
TrueZero windage and elevation adjustment system
The TrueZero windage and elevation adjustment system provides 1/4 and 1/8 MOA fingertip adjustments letting you lock in your zero with sureness. The system uses a ball-bearing and spring arrangement to apply direct steel-on-steel pressure thus confirming that the TrueZero system locks tight to hold the “true zero” location throughout the scope usage.
Side parallax adjustment
The side parallax adjustment allows you to easily adjust the parallax while keeping the target in view.
Field of view
Simmons 44 Mag 4-12x44mm Riflescope has a field of view of 23.8 – 8.2′ (7.9 – 2.7 m) through a (44mm) diameter objective lens that is adjustable to achieve 4x to 12x zoom.
- Objective lens diameter: 44 millimeters
- Magnification: 4-12x
- Reticle: Truplex
- Field of View: 23.8 to 8.2 feet at 100 yards / 7.9 to 2.7 meters at 100 meters
- Click Value: 0.25 inches at 100 yards / 7 meters at 100 meters
- Adjustment: 60 inches at 100 yards / 1.7 meters at 100 meters
- Eye relief: 3.75 inches / 95 millimeters
- Exit Pupil: 11 to 3.7 millimeters
- Weight: 13.3 ounces / 377 grams
- Finish: Matte
- The scope is well designed using high quality material to ensure durability
- It is waterproof and fog-proof
- The multi-coated optics in this riflescope offer optimal light transmission, high contrast and an exceptional glare regulation to provide clear and sharp images.
- It is lightweight
- It has a great matte finish but it scratches easily
The Simmons 44 Mag Rifle Scope is a lightweight and durable riflescope that offers you a fast focusing thanks to the Quick Target Acquisition (QTA) design. It is also waterproof and fog-proof to let you let go of the worry of using the scope in adverse weather conditions. I would recommend this riflescope for anyone looking for a quality scope for big game hunting or target shooting. It is a quality riflescope that is very affordable.