Nikon is a reputable manufacture of cameras, lenses and other premium optical products in the medical, industrial and consumer fields. Other than cameras, riflescopes are other great products that Nikon make. They have used their patented technology to make several scopes. Amongst their lineup of scopes that they offer, the Nikon Buckmaster 3-9×40 is one of the great and successful scopes that they have created to deliver on high technology. The Nikon Buckmaster 3-9×40 scope is designed to offer lots of magnification for target shooting and sighting-in at the rifle range and ample field of view for most big game hunting uses.
The Nikon Buckmaster 3-9×40 riflescope is built to withstand the toughest hunting conditions. Its design integrates shock, fog, and water-proof construction, as well as numerous other great features. The scope can be used almost by any hunting rifle, muzzle loader or even rimfire. The scope boasts a one-inch main body tube, a bullet drop compensating (BDC) reticle for easy holdover out to 600 yards (magnum calibers) and ultra-high-performance lenses. The external finish of our test scope is a durable, scratch-resistant, deep satin black. The Nikon Buckmaster scope come with a Lifetime Limited Warranty and a Nikon Fog Eliminator wipe to help eliminate exterior fogging in even the most extreme conditions.
- Patented BDC reticle
- Large exit pupils
- Quick focus eyepiece
- Brightvue™ multicoating optics
- Precise, hand-turn 1/4-MOA click adjustments
- Lifetime Warranty
This Nikon scope comes with a limited lifetime manufacturer’s warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.
Patented BDC reticle:
The patented BDC reticle allows hunters to hold “dead-on” at ranges beyond those formerly thought conceivable. The BDC reticle is one of the most notable features of the Nikon Buckmaster 3-9×40 riflescope. It is designed and calibrated to provide fast, simple aiming points for various short distances. The BDC system incorporates a series of small “ballistic circles” to produce an unobstructed view of the target for long range shooting while allowing a normal sight picture for shorter-range shots.
Large exit pupils
The large exit pupil helps to improve low light hunting at dawn or dusk, which is the time when the game is usually moving.
Quick focus eyepiece
The quick focus eyepiece allows the shooter to instantly bring the reticle into sharp focus.
Waterproof, fogproof, shockproof
Just like most modern scopes, the Nikon Buckmaster 3-9×40 riflescope is nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to make it waterproof and fogproof.
Nikon’s Brightvue anti-reflective system of multicoated lenses offers over 92% anti-reflection capability for the high levels of light transmission and optical clarity essential for dawn-to-dusk big game hunting.
Precise, hand-turn 1/4-MOA click adjustments
The precise hand-turn 1/4-MOA click adjustments get you zeroed-in quicker and maintain your setting even with heavy recoil.
Optional accessory sunshade removes glare in particularly bright conditions and keeps dust and rain off of the objective lens on rainy days or in dusty surroundings.
- 3 to 9X actual magnification
- 40-millimeter effective objective diameter
- 4.4- to 13.3-millimeter exit pupil
- 3.6-inch eye relief
- 11.9- to 35.7-foot field of view at 100 yards
- One-inch tube diameter
- 49.3-millimeter objective O.D.
- 43-millimeter eyepiece O.D.
- 13.1-inch length
- 16.1-ounce weight
- 1/4 MOA adjustment graduation
- 80 MOA maximum internal adjustment
- 100-yard parallax setting
- It is a durable, versatile riflescope thanks to the collaboration between Nikon and Buckmasters
- Brightvue anti-reflective system of multicoated lenses provides over 92% anti-reflection capability
- BDC reticle trajectory-compensating system is designed and calibrated to provide fast, simple aiming points for various shot distances
- 100 percent water and fog-proof housing, O-ring sealing and nitrogen filling ensure moisture never penetrates interior
- Includes limited lifetime manufacturer’s warranty
- The turrets are quite tight requiring a coin or screwdriver to operate.
The Nikon Buckmaster 3-9x40mm riflescope is a great scope for deer hunting. It is a good scope at a good price and a good value. Nikon is world famous for fine optics and reliable products and this scope will help to maintain that reputation. The BDC reticle is one of the features of the Nikon Buckmaster 3-9×40 riflescope that I found to be absolutely great. I would recommend this scope to people looking for a durable and reliable riflescope for deer hunting that has a great price.